Monday, February 17, 2014

July 4th Flag Race Layout

Hey everybody!  I have a very quick layout I put together for Bitten by the Bug's Patriotic Challenge in celebration of President's Day.  I used the Artbooking cartridge for the first time, and I think I am in love!!!  It just made this layout so easy.  There were so many elements to choose from, and I could have added a little more .  However, I am happy with how it came out, especially with the finished photos on the layout.  

So what is a "Flag Race?"  Well this was something fun we did with the kids last 4th of July.  I promise the adults had just as much fun as the kids!!!  It was basically a relay where each team tried to be the first to transfer all their flags back to the start line.  SO FUN!  I found it on Pinterest.

So we hope you will join us this week and create something Patriotic using your Cricut.  
July 4-comes from Designer's Calendar
All other cuts are from Artbooking
For those of you who have a major eye for detail, you may have noticed my lower left star mat is different from the rest...GRRR!  I later fixed it.  LOL!
Using the Cricut Craftroom, I found the Artbooking cartridge fairly easy to size.  
I basically design the whole layout in the craftroom.  I use the Cricut Craftroom Basics to create the colored mats I need to test out my colors and sizes.  I sized the star photo mats at 11 inches as the handbook suggests for a 4 x 4 photo mat.
I sized the overlay at 9 inches instead of 11 inches as the handbook suggests.

And here is the finished project...
Now let me share my little mishap with you that I now know not to do when working with these Artbooking photo mats.  Please don't be a goof like me and glue down the 4 x 4 star photo mats all the way before putting your photos down.  I had to peel them off and re-cut them to put my pictures down.  My pictures are sized at 3.5 x 3.5 which fit perfectly under the 4 x 4 star mats.

So we hope you will join us this week over at Bitten by the Bug!!

7 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone is having so much fun! Perfect layout for your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great layout !!!! I love ,love the background layer you used !! Hope you have a wonderful day !!

    Hugs,
    Mayra
    Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, I love this layout Jaren! How fun and very festive it is. Isn't Artbooking the best cart?!! I love how you pictures look on the layout too, really makes the layout come alive! Everyone looks like they were having a blast! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful job on your layout. I have been wishing for this cartridge. I love your images and the overlay. These pictures are perfect for your layout and show cases them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like ya'll were having a great time!! Love your layout. The papers are wonderful. The photos are fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't Artbooking great, I love it too. Great layout, I haven't tried that overlay yet. The cuts on this cart are so versatile as you have shown.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your LO -- awesome work in the craftroom! ~Laura

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!